Cedar County Cooperative
APPLY FOR OUR 2023 SCHOLARSHIP
Print and return to Margeen Urmie at the Tipton Office, or email to David: email@example.com
|Tipton Main Office
|Tipton Feed Office
|West Branch Office
Quotes are delayed, as of March 25, 2023, 03:24:34 AM CDT or prior.
- Cotton Closes Lower for Weekend
- The cotton market settled Friday’s session down by 59 to 104 points. The May contract ended the week a net 129 points below last Friday. Weekly CFTC data showed the funds were adding new shorts in cotton through the week of 3/21. That extended the group’s net short by 10,602...
- Hogs Close Friday Up by Triple Digits
- The hog market bounced into the weekend with gains of 1.8% to 2.8%. For the week, April was still at a $2.70 loss. The National Average Base Hog price was 13 cents lower on Friday afternoon to $76.58. The 8/22 Lean Hog Index from CME was 44 cents lower to...
- Cattle Settle Mixed on Friday
- Live cattle futures bounced into the weekend, though feeder futures stayed under pressure from the grain rally. At the bell the front month fats were 40 to 85 cents higher, with left April at a 67 cent gain for the week. April feeders stayed 15 cents higher for the week,...
- Wheat Futures Bounce into the Weekend
- The wheat futures rallied back on Friday with 2% to 4% gains. Chicago futures ended 24 3/4 to 26 3/4 cents higher on Friday, though May stayed 22 cents in the red. KC wheat prices closed 24 1/2 to 28 1/4 cents higher, and the July contract flipped to a...
- Soy Futures Higher on Friday
- Soybean futures closed Friday with 7 1/2 to 15 1/4 cent gains. That reduced November futures’ loss for the week to 40 cents after bouncing off their 100-week average. The meal market closed with $6.80 to $7.20 gains for Friday. That left the May contract at a $20.90/ton loss for...
- Corn Closes Higher on Friday
- The Friday rally put corn back into the black for the week. The front months were 1.3% to 2% higher on the day, with May’s 11 1/4 cent gain leaving the contract 8 3/4 cents above last week’s close. December futures stayed a penny below last Friday’s settle and remain...