Cedar County Cooperative
|Tipton Main Office
|Tipton Feed Office
|West Branch Office
Quotes are delayed, as of June 09, 2023, 05:20:37 PM CDT or prior.
- Mixed Close for Cotton Futures
- The cotton market ended the final trade day of the week with a 27 point loss in July, but 15 to 28 point gains in new crop. July fell by 201 points for the week, while December contracts were only 3 points below last Friday. USDA reduced new crop’s cash...
- July Hogs Led the Friday Rally
- July lean hog futures closed ~60 cents under their session high, but still up by a 2.8%. That netted a weekly gain of $4.97. The other front months closed $0.20 to $1.52 in the black on Friday. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price for Friday afternoon dropped by $8.60 to...
- Cattle Turned Around for Mostly Higher Close
- The live cattle futures market reversed course and ended Friday mostly higher. June and August futures ended in the red by 55 and 40 cents respectively, while the deferred months closed up by 10 to 15 cents. For the week’s move, June cattle were $1.80 in the black, while August...
- Chicago Wheat Rallies on Friday
- CBT SRW futures closed with Friday gains of 1 1/4 to 4 cents. That left the July contract at a net 11 1/4 cent gain for the week. KC HRW futures fell by 7 to 10 cents on Friday which left the July contract at a 14 1/2 cent loss...
- Meal Slides as Beans and Oil Rally
- Soymeal missed out on Friday buying as beans closed with 1.2% to 1.7% gains and soy oil rallied nearly 4%. For July soybeans that left the board at a net 34c gain for the week, while November added 20 1/2. Soybean oil futures closed with a sharp 5c per pound...
- Red Close for Friday Corn Trade
- Corn futures ended the report day near their initial report marks. July closed with a 6 cent loss for the session, which flipped the board net lower for the week at -4 3/4. December was down by 10 3/4 cents for the week. The cash average prices were shown UNCH...